Monday, June 23, 2008
I have always assumed as only words when people talked about balancing work-life. After all, you get to know things only if it is within your experience. Office has now clearly become first home for a lot of people. A company is truly efficient if it creates employees who treat office as their first HOME. When I look back into the last year I can clearly see how much I have missed in my personal life. Events that can never occur again like Attending Marriages, Wishing someone on their Birthday, Visiting New Born, Meeting Friends, Calling relatives and Friends to enquire. Fortunately, there is not a death I missed ! And all of these activities that are of high personal significance I was blind to until I introspected all areas of my personal life.

While in college, 5 years ago, I remember when I made a list of friends I WANTED to call for my birthday treat, the closest of friends, the count was 176, confined to a small district in Tamil Nadu. I am now thinking whom should I call for my marriage !

When the clock strikes 6:00 PM my mom would call to enquire, when I am reaching home. I have never had a definitive answer for this question till date. As time goes on I start realizing that I need to do something very consciously for my initials. All they need is a soothing solace, a word or two of kindness and maximum two ears of yours. Time I started the Art of Balancing.

posted by Shriram at 6:18 AM

3 Comments:

said...

so nicely painted with words is your blog da machi! keep up the good work and keep posting. I'll be the one who will be always checking for a new blog from you.

7:15 AM  

said...

This is what i am contemplating again and again now a days... Are we managing work-life balance? is it our fault? we stay back most of the times when we realy dont need to... Sometimes we get the instructions only when clock ticks 5 times... why we volunteer ourselves to work after office hours when really there is no urgency... and why we agree to work on week ends when there is no urgency? are we doing this to kill the time or aiming at a future reward? how we gonna practice come on time, work on time and leave on time? no offenses...

8:07 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous
said...

good to see you writing again!!

guess that's how life is, you realize it only after you have missed it ;)

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India

Words have their limitations. I am not going to even attempt describing a Human Being!

Layout design by Yogi-yogiscribble